Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Germany connection

I trace my lineage this way...

Carl Schultz (married Minnie Theile) --> Ida Schultz (married Henry Kruger) --> Herman Kruger (married Ruth Hahnke) --> Richard Kruger (married Lynn Stanley) --> Rob Kruger (married Judy Webber) --> me (Josh)

I know a fair amount about each generation, but nothing before Carl (or the other four Schultz brothers). Does anyone know about the German connection? One source indicated the five brothers' father was named Ludwig. Is that accurate? Where were they from? Can we trace other lineages further back?

If anyone has any questions about Carl and Minnie I'd be happy to share what stories I know. If you have stories of your own, I'd love to "swap notes!"

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Josh, this is JudyByJudy and I'm just taking a minute to review the websites that we have. So sorry that more people (including myself) have not utilized this great idea. I have been so busy getting ready for the Schindig that I haven't had time to peruse too much. I don't know how many stories you have about Carl, but I'd like to be able to include them in the Schultz history that we will be making available for the Schultz descendants. We know about his military history and that the Indians used his place for headquarters during the 1862 uprising. Do you have any other stories that we can include? Please e-mail me at JudyByJudy@aol.com if you do so I don't miss it. Thanks so much. God Bless, Judy

    ReplyDelete